Monday, February 14, 2011

Mrs. Edgar

Happy Valentine's Day!!
When Keni and I went to the nursing home for Christmas I told them I would be back for Valentine's Day. Mrs. Edgar told me her birthday was the day after Valentine's Day and she would look forward to seeing me. I had to go to Battle Mountain this morning so decided to take her birthday present a day early. She just loved the shawl! Then she told me about the nice gentleman that sends flowers to them on their birthday. It is one of the store owners in town. I knew he was great in helping with donations to the school and such but did not know he sent the flowers every year to each of them on their special day. I always liked the guy but it just made me like him more. I told her when I went to the store and saw him I would show him the picture. He wasn't there today but I am going to print this picture to take to him. I know he doesn't do it himself but to know he cares enough to have them sent makes him special to me. She said to tell him she loved him and thanked him. She is such a sweet lady. She was saying I love you over and over as I walked out of her room. I ended up spending over and hour with her and it was hard to leave when I did! I do have to get back again soon. Tomorrow is her 88th birthday!


2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful day for all of you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so heartwarming to know there are still some thoughtful people who put other's happiness ahead of their own. Thank you for the lovely story! Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete